Attorney Directory > John Burton Wilkerson, Jr.
Burt is a native son, born and raised in Macon. He received his B.A. and J.D. degrees from the University of Georgia.
Burt has extensive experience with commercial real estate transactions, real estate taxes, and public and affordable housing. He has maintained his expertise through service with the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Region IV.
Outside of work, Burt maintains close ties with the Macon community through membership in the First Presbyterian Church as well as participation in civic organizations as the Macon Civic Club and Middle Georgia Library Board. He also enjoys golf, reading, and politics. His sports interests are primarily Georgia football; he supports both the UGA Bulldogs and Atlanta Falcons teams.
- University of Georgia, B.A.
- University of Georgia, J.D.
- Macon Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Member of the Bar for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Real Property Law Section State bar of Georgia
- Past President Macon Civic Club
- Member Idle Hour Country Club
- Member First Presbyterian Church
- Deacon First Presbyterian Church
- Former Member Middle Georgia Library Board
- Former Member Georgia Real Estate Commission
- Former Regional Director Department of Housing and Urban Development Region IV