Attorney Directory > David A. Pope
Though he was born and raised in Albany, Georgia, David worked in the oil fields of Texas as a petroleum geologist from 1981 to 1989 before returning to Macon to pursue a law degree. After graduation from the Walter F. George School of Law, David began his legal career at the Macon firm of Jones, Cork & Miller. He later became a founding partner of James, Bates, Pope and Spivey.
A sincere desire to help people resolve problems and achieve their personal and business goals was the driving force behind David’s desire to become an attorney. His expertise in business litigation and corporate law, HR and employment, and wealth building have given him the opportunity to provide SPGG clients with the best legal services for business and personal matters.
David is the father of four children: three sons – David Jr,. Clayton and Sam – and one daughter, Catherine. When he is not enjoying time with his family, David’s interests include travel, sports (especially baseball, which he also coaches), and music.
- Georgia Southwestern College, B.A. (1981)
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, J.D. (1992)
- Georgia Bar Association
- The William A. Bootle American Inn of Court
- Macon Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Adjunct Professor, Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, 2008 - present
- Director, Re-Launch Ministries, 2015 - present
- Baseball coach